After many rumors and a great enthusiasm on the part of the people, at last we have official confirmation about the Galaxy S9.
After several leaks, the moment finally arrived: Samsung officially launched its new Galaxy S9 and S9 + in Barcelona, one day before the start of the Mobile World Congress.
The equipment to good and first fails to differentiate much physically from its predecessor, the S8, because the changes in this continuation bet, are internal.
We go with the specifications of the models
- Screen of 5.8 inches in the S9 and 6.2 inches in the S9 +
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 or Exynos equivalent depending on the market
- 4 GB of RAM in the normal model, 6 GB of RAM in the Plus
- 64/128/256 GB of storage expandable via microSD
- Android Oreo
- 12 megapixel camera with Dual aperture of f / 1.5 of / 2.4. In the Plus model we have a double module, with a second telephoto lens with optical image stabilization, very similar to that seen in the Note8
- 8 megapixel af / 1.7 front camera
- 3000 mAh battery, 3500 mAh battery in the Plus model
Among the new features of the equipment is the ability to record videos in slow motion at 960 frames per second, as seen in the latest Xperia equipment. According to Samsung, this is better because instead of having to press the button at the exact moment, the S9 recognizes the action. We will also have dual aperture, reaching up to f / 1.5 for images in low light scenes or macros.
The camera, through Bixby Vision will be able to recognize some scenes, such as text or food, to translate in real time or give caloric information about what you are about to take to your mouth.
The other is the competition of the Animoji of Apple, the You Emoji, that instead of animals, make replicas of your face with or without sound. Here are two options, a realistic version or another more caricatured. They can be shared in various types of files to be compatible with other phones, unlike the iPhone, where it works best in iMessage.
We will also have face recognition, iris recognition and fingerprinting, which the user chooses what most convinces him and what gives him more peace of mind. Intelligent Scan is the one that caught our attention, using face and iris together for the recognition of the team owner.
On its price there are still no details, although from the company they assure that they will try to stay in the range of what the S8 and S8 + cost at the time.